Tuesday, February 10, 2009

SO MANY BOYFRIENDS



The one things that I've learned about Germans since moving here is that they love to recycle. They recycle everything,  My fiancee and I were cleaning out his wardrobe to make room for some of my clothes when I first arrived.  He came across a linen jacket which probably dated back to the early 1990s' and, he gave it to me thinking that I could make something out of it.  At that moment I didn't get any creative sparks however, later that night I aroused from my sleep with an idea to make use of the jacket.  That jacket gave birth to the "Boy Friend" Collection, my line of Eco-Chic hat designs.  I was really pleased with the outcome.  The hats have a vintage feel with a modern appeal.

I love scouring the thrift stores for unique fabrics to make my hat designs and, it feels good to know that I am helping the environment.  My fiancee is such a sweetheart!  He loves me, and he understands that even though we're getting married, I must continue to have my Boy Friends!


Samuel

Ralf


Charlie


Boy

6 comments:

myminimocs said...

these hats are fantastic - let's hear it for the boys!!! it's wonderful where a jacket can take a creative mind

Schaufensterbabe said...

Yes, Germans certainly do love to recycle. Good thing though in the end, when you can really make something out of it!

Julie said...

Love the Samuel hat! Cute!

Chrisy said...

Oh my...i do like ur boyfriends...much more beautiful...and useful..than some i've had...pleased to discover u...

Chrisy said...

me again...tried to follow along...but think there's a problem there...

SHARON said...

Thanks everyone!