Tuesday, December 8, 2009

IT'S BEGINNING TO LOOK ALOT LIKE CHRISTMAS!

Ok, so it's not snowing and I don't have my Christmas tree up yet but, a trip into the city today put me in a festive mood. The Weihnacten Markets (Christmas Markets) in Bonn and Siegburg are in full effect! At the Weihnacten Markets you can purchase unique Christmas gifts and trinkets that are all hand-made. In Bonn there are well over 100 booths to feast your eyes on. The Market in Siegburg is more traditional. All of the vendors are dressed in costumes from the Middle Ages and they are speaking in a very old German dialect , which I don't understand. I enjoy the traditional Market in Siegburg because, vendors are actually engaged in crafting their wares. It's very interesting to see how they create their work. Street performers are a treat for young and old. And, of course in both Bonn and Siegburg, there is plenty of good food and drink.

No comments: