Friday, December 18, 2009

OH TANNENBAUM

We finally set up the Christmas tree and it's absolutely gorgeous! I love Christmas, it's such a wonderful time of year. This year will be a little different for me because, it's the first Christmas we'll have without my dad, he passed away in May, two weeks before my wedding. My dad made this time of year so special for his children, all 10 of us, and his grandchildren. My dad raised us alone after my mom passed away. I was only five years old and the youngest at the time.

Every Christmas my siblings and I would write out our Christmas list. On Christmas morning when we ran down the stairs and into the living room, we were overjoyed to find the entire room full of toys! When I say the entire room was filled with toys I mean it. There were toys under the tree, on the sofa, on the tables and covering the floor. He also made sure that we had candy, fruits, and nuts as treats. My brothers and sisters are still amazed that he did this all on his own.

I miss my Dad but, I am so fortunate to have so many wonderful memories from my childhood to comfort me at this time. I hope that you and your family will make some wonderful memories of your own this Christmas.

I tried to find the German version of "Oh Tannenbaum" by Nat King Cole for your listening pleasure. The versions that were available on Youtube are not so great. I thought you might enjoy this Christmas classic instead.




1 comment:

SHARON said...

Have a wonderful Holiday as well Tiffany! All the best in 2010!