Thursday, December 3, 2009

WEDDING DAY HEADGEAR


My wedding was done on the cheap! I had a little over two weeks to get it all together after my dad passed away . We did not hire a professional photographer however, we did collect tons of photos from our family and friends. Here a few pics of the hair accessories that I made for myself and my flower girls and bridesmaids.

Organza and Lace headpiece. I actually made this hat over 5 years ago. It matched my dress perfectly.
Note* I made my bridal bouquet as well. The tiny blue ribbon is a snippet from a dress that belonged to my mother. She passed away when I was five. I really felt the presence of both of my parents on that day.


This dress was custom made for me by my former boss and her talented staff of seamstresses at the Costume Gallery in Newport, Kentucky. I wanted a serious 1950's look and it was gorgeous! They started sewing the dress a week before my wedding and completed it the day before. It was perfect!


My adorable flower girls wore butterfly themed headpieces





My lovely bridesmaids. They all wore simple butterfly headpieces as show on the model on the far right. Sorry, not the best pic.

May 30, 2009 was such a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Mary P. said...

I really love your wedding look. The 1950s inspired dress is so beautiful and it's really special because its been made just for you! Wishing you a life of happiness with your husband!

SHARON said...

Thanks Mary. By the way, I really like your hats.