Monday, February 22, 2010

A VERY SPECIAL COMMISSION




My good friend Bethany and her fiancee Tom are planning to say their I Do's on April 24, 2010. Bethany and I worked together for about 2 years at David's Bridal. We had some of the best times when working the same sifts at the salon together. I worked in sales and Bethany was our Customer Service Representative. She is such a wonderful, loving spirit and I am so happy that she has found the man of her dreams. Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend the wedding but, Bethany has asked me to design a headpiece for her to wear on her special day. Of course I said yes and, I'm so thrilled to be able to do this for her!

This is the beautiful dress that Bethany has selected. It's absolutely perfect for her figure and it fits her personality. What a romantic, classic look, especially the cap sleeves which I love!


Here is a very, very rough sketch of the floral design that I have in mind. Bethany wants something fairly simple and elegant with a hint of sparkle and a few feathers. I plan to keep the design light( as in fabric selection) to compliment the softness of the fabrics used in the gown. The dress is taffeta with a beaded tulle overlay.


I will be using this embroidered lace to form the flower. I will have to cut out the leaves individually and then sew them together. The lace is a very light shade of ivory and should match her dress perfectly. I may possibly use silk in the design but, I'm not sure yet.

I've already cut out some of the leaves and started playing around with the shape of the flower and, I've begun collecting other components of the design such as sequins, sparkles, pearls etc. I would love to have the piece finished within the week, we'll see how it goes. I'll keep you guys updated on my progress.






Bridal gown: Essence of Australia

No comments: