Tuesday, March 2, 2010

BACK TO SCHOOL



After a very short and much needed hiatus, I decided to enrolled in another German language course. Classes for the Spring semester began last week at the Volkshochschule, (A school for adults interested in continuing education). The school also offers music lessons, cooking classes, dance classes, sewing classes and much more.

My class meets on Monday and Tuesday in the evening for an hour and a half. I am really excited that a couple of my fellow classmates from my previous class are enrolled in the same course. It's also an added bonus that the teacher is very patient and kind. Sometimes she speaks a bit too fast and it's difficult to understand everything that she say's but, my brain is able to catch up after a few seconds. This course is really interesting because, we have to give oral presentations in front of the class. The teacher gives immediate feedback and this way, we are able to learn from each others mistakes. Although my husband and I are speaking more in German at home, I can use as much practice as possible so, the presentations in front of the class are really helpful. Well, I have to run to finish my homework assignments. I have to compose an email. Writing in German is not my strong point but, like speaking the language, I'm sure it will get better with time.




Bis Spater,
Sharon

No comments: