Monday, March 15, 2010

COMMISSION ACCOMPLISHED!



A few weeks ago, my good friend Bethany commissioned me to make a hair piece for her upcoming April wedding. I completed the piece on Friday evening but, my husband and I were so busy over the weekend, I didn't have time to get to the post office. To avoid any further delay in getting Bethany's special commission to her, I hurried off to the post office this morning to ship this lovely hair flower that I am really proud of.



The design differs from my original sketch but, I am still happy with the results.



Initially, Bethany wanted a few feathers added to the piece. She is pretty conservative and likes simple elegance so, the feather request surprised me a bit. I tacked a few feathers to the flower and sent this photo to her via email. After taking a look at this design, she decided that maybe the feathers were a bit too much, not exactly her style. My sentiments exactly so, I removed the feathers.



I'm really sad that I won't be able to go to the wedding. But, it makes me so happy to know that I will be apart of her wedding day in such a special way. I know that she will be a stunning bride and I hope that she loves her headpiece.

No comments: