Monday, January 26, 2009

SISTERS


I'm sitting here listening to the classic soul sounds of the Pointer Sisters.  The Pointer Sisters are Ruth, June, Anita and Bonnie.  This Grammy Award winning quartet rose to fame in the early 1970s' with their impeccable song interpretations  of various music genres including Soul, R&B, Jazz, Gospel, Country and Rock. 

Most people will remember the tunes they made famous in the early 80s'  when the quartet became a trio.   The group recorded hits  such as" Fire," "Jump," " Slow Hand " and "I'm So Excited".  I am however a huge fan of this 1973 self-titled  album release.  To me it is a classic.  The harmonies they produced were tight and effortless.  Although it is  tough to sing a cappella, these ladies did it with superior grace and power.  I have vivid memories of my sisters and I singing along to wonderful melodies such as "Yes We Can Can, "Cloudburst" and "Old Songs". 

I am also a huge fan of the group because of the vintage style and elegance they brought to the stage with their fashion.  The ladies adopted a 1940s'  vintage look early  in their recording career. I think that I fell in love with all things vintage because of this album cover.  It is gorgeous and in my opinion, one for the collectors. 

The music on this album  is definitely worth hearing.  Fortunately, I own the CD and I do believe that I still have the album cover stored away at my dads house.  You can download this fabulous music on ITunes.  Give your ears a treat today!
Did I just tell everyone how old I was?  Oh well, enjoy!


No comments: